We have received updated advice from NSW Health regarding visitor restrictions.
Visitor restrictions remain in place, this includes no more than two visitors per resident at a time are permitted inside the facility. We request that visits be coordinated to comply with this limit. Different people may visit throughout each day.
People will not be permitted entry to any residential aged care service if:
- They have a temperature of 37.5 degrees or higher or symptoms consistent with COVID-19 infection, even if mild. Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, headache, fatigue, runny nose, blocked nose congestion, sore throat, shortness of breath, and loss of taste or loss of smell. Other reported symptoms of COVID-19 include muscle pain, joint pain, diarrhoea, nausea/vomiting and loss of appetite.
- Have been to Auckland, New Zealand in the last 14 days (in exceptional circumstances contact the Public Health Unit for advice).
- Live in the NSW areas of increased testing.
- Are a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19 and are within their self-isolation period.
- Live in a household with a person who is currently self-isolating.
- Are waiting for a COVID-19 test result.
- Visitors must undertake hand hygiene using sanitiser and/or hand washing upon entering and leaving the facility, and on entering and leaving the resident’s room (or designated visiting area).
- We encourage visitors to remain within the resident’s room or go to a designated outdoor area or alternative room where the resident and guests can keep apart from other residents.
- All visitors to Fresh Hope Care residential services are required to scan the QR Code (if available to them) before entering the facility. For details please click here.
- Fresh Hope Care require that visitors only enter through the main entrance and report to staff at the concierge/reception desk to confirm their details and submit to a temperature check.
- At outings and excursions attended by residents ensure that the event complies with the current Movement and Gathering Public Health Order and no one at the event:
- Have been to any of the locations on the NSW close contact or casual contact list at the times and dates listed.
- Haven been to Auckland, New Zealand in the last 14 days (in exceptional circumstances contact the Public Health Unit for advice).
- Has been a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19 and are within their self-isolation period.
- Lives in a household with a person who is currently self-isolating.
- Is waiting for a COVID-19 test result.
We will endeavour to keep you informed of any changes as soon as they occur. Please check with the service you are planning to visit prior to you commencing travel to ensure you are aware of any local Public Health requirements in additional to those of NSW Health.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the relevant Manager of Residential Services/Director of Nursing.
Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding during this challenging time.