We have received updated advice from NSW Health regarding visitor restrictions.
For Residential Aged Care services located in regional NSW, including Coffs Haven, Green Hills, Clelland Lodge, The Glen and Borella House, the following visitation restrictions are in place:
- Visitors must wear a surgical mask when onsite.
- a maximum of two visitors to a resident a day, so please coordinate your visits with other family members and friends to comply with this limit. Different people may visit each day.
- Visits must be in the resident’s room.
If you plan to visit any of the regional NSW Fresh Hope Care Residential Care sites, we encourage you to check the list of sites via the links below.
Visitors will not be permitted entry to any residential aged care facility who:
- have been to any close, casual or monitor for symptoms locations in NSW in the last 14 days
- live or have been to Greater Sydney in the last 14 days unless providing essential caring functions or end of life visits
- have been to any close and casual contact places of high concern in Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia or the Northern Territory
- have a fever (37.5 degrees or higher) or any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 infection, even if mild. These include, fever, cough, headache, fatigue, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, and loss of taste or loss of smell. Other reported symptoms of COVID-19 include muscle pain, joint pain, diarrhoea, nausea/vomiting and loss of appetite.
- are a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19 and are within their self-isolation period
- live in a household with a person who is currently self-isolating
- are waiting for a COVID-19 test result
- have not received their dose of the 2021 influenza vaccine, unless they meet the criteria under the exceptional and special circumstances
- Residents should not enter Greater Sydney, except for essential reasons and if so, they should wear a mask.
- Residents should not attend a gathering with anyone present who has been in the Greater Sydney area since June 21.
As previously advised, visitors must:
- Check in using the Service NSW QR code (or manually record your contact number)
- Answer screening questions to help us understand if it is safe for you to visit. Fresh Hope Care require that visitors only enter through the main entrance and report to staff at the concierge / reception desk to confirm their details. If you have any symptoms, have been asked to self-isolate or have been to any areas of concern, you will be asked to delay your visit.
- Submit to a temperature check
Please note: Individual restrictions may be in place in facilities where there is an outbreak of other illness, and local conditions set by the Public Health Unit should be adhered to.
Other support and contact options:
Fresh Hope Care has arrangements in place to support families to stay in touch with your loved ones, especially when you are unable to see them in person. We can offer video calling devices to residents and encourage you to take advantage of this option to maintain relationships while visit restrictions are in place.
To arrange this and book a time, please contact the Manager at your relevant site to make the necessary arrangements.
Doing the right thing is as important as always:
- Practice hand hygiene using sanitiser and / or hand washing
- Exercise personal responsibility for physical distancing measures
- Self-isolate if you are unwell or have recently returned from overseas or interstate
- Follow Government guidelines if you are diagnosed with COVID-19
We endeavour to keep information up to date on the Fresh Hope Care Website, for further details about restrictions or entry process, please take a look at the COVID-19 news page on the Fresh Hope Care Website. However, as situations can change rapidly, we suggest checking for updates on the NSW Health website before visiting a Fresh Hope Care Residential Care facility.
Should you have any questions about visitor access, please contact the facility directly or call our Customer Enquiries Team on 1800 005 484.
Thank you for everything you’re doing to help us in protecting the health and wellbeing of everyone in the Fresh Hope Care family.