We have received an update from NSW Health today in relation to visitors to residential aged care services and resident outings. We are pleased to share all stay at home orders across NSW have now been lifted. Restrictions have now been eased to allow visitors in all NSW residential aged care services and to allow residents to leave. The below outlines the update to restrictions.
Visitors will be welcomed to Fresh Hope Care Residential Care Services provided:
- they have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to their visit and provide suitable evidence of this (unless they can provide a COVID-19 medical contraindication certificate)
- they are aged 12 or over
- they have not been to any close, casual or monitor for symptoms locations in NSW OR Victoria, Queensland, and the Australian Capital Territory OR New Zealand in the last 14 days
- they do not a fever (37.5 degrees or higher) or any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 infection, even if mild. These include, fever, cough, headache, fatigue, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, and loss of taste or loss of smell. Other reported symptoms of COVID-19 include muscle pain, joint pain, diarrhoea, nausea/vomiting and loss of appetite
- they are not a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19 and are within their isolation period
- they do not live in a household with a person who is currently isolating
- they are not waiting for a COVID-19 test result
Visits must be:
- no more than two visitors per resident, per day
- in the resident’s room, in a designated outdoor area or alternative room where the resident and their visitors can keep apart from other residents
- Check in using the Service NSW QR code (or manually record your contact number)
- Answer screening questions If you have any symptoms, have been asked to self-isolate or have been to any areas of concern, entry will not be permitted
- Provide evidence of two COVID-19 vaccination doses (the second dose must be at least 14 days prior to entry)
- Submit to a temperature check
- Wear a surgical mask
Doing the right thing is as important as always:
- Practice hand hygiene using sanitiser and/or hand washing
- Exercise personal responsibility for physical distancing measures
- Self-isolate if you are unwell or have recently returned from overseas or interstate
- Follow Government guidelines if you are diagnosed with COVID-19
Residents are permitted to leave the Fresh Hope Care Residential Care Service and attend small family gatherings or for other reasons, but they must abide by the current Public Health (COVID-19 General) Order 2021.
- Further lifting of restrictions is expected to occur when NSW reaches the 80% vaccination target and again on the 1 December. The latest updates are available on the Roadmap for easing COVID-19 restrictions
- By 31 October 2021 any health practitioners attending a residential aged care service under arrangement by the resident must have at least 1 dose of a COVID-19 vaccination
We endeavour to keep information up to date here. However, as situations can change rapidly, we suggest checking for updates on the NSW Health website before visiting a Fresh Hope Care Residential Care Service.
Should you have any questions about visitor access or need to discuss visiting under exceptional circumstances, such as end of life, please contact the Service directly.
Thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to welcoming you back to visit your loved one.