We have received updated advice from NSW Health regarding visitor restrictions over the Christmas period.
All Residential Care Services in NSW outside of the Northern Beaches LGA can permit visitors until at least 11:59pm on Wednesday 30 December under the restrictions advised by NSW Health. These are outlined below.
People will not be permitted entry to any residential aged care service if:
- They are a resident of the Northern Beaches LGA or have visited the Northern Beaches LGA on or after 10 December.
- They have been to any locations on the self-isolate and get tested immediately list, at the times and dates listed and/or on the monitor for symptoms list, at the times and dates listed except where noted otherwise.
- They have been in close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Live in a household with a person who is identified as a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19.
- They a temperature higher than 37.5 degrees or with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 infection, even if mild. Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, headache, fatigue, runny nose, blocked nose congestion, sore throat, shortness of breath, and loss of taste or loss of smell. Other reported symptoms of COVID-19 include muscle pain, joint pain, diarrhoea, nausea/vomiting and loss of appetite.
- Visitor restrictions remain in place, this includes no more than two visitors to a resident a day, so we request that visits be coordinated to comply with this limit.
- All staff and visitors must wear a surgical mask when on site.
- Visitors must undertake hand hygiene using sanitiser and/or hand washing upon entering and leaving the facility, and on entering and leaving the resident’s room (or designated visiting area).
- We encourage visitors to remain within the resident’s room or go to a designated outdoor area or alternative room where the resident and guests can keep apart from other residents.
- All visitors to Fresh Hope Care residential services are required to scan the QR Code before entering the facility. For details please click here.
- Fresh Hope Care require that visitors only enter through the main entrance and report to staff at the concierge/reception desk to confirm their details, and submit to a temperature check.
Resident outings (Greater Sydney Region – Ashwood and McCauley):
- Until at least 11.59pm on Wednesday 30 December 2020, residents from residential aged services in Greater Sydney, including Ashwood and McCauley Lodge Residential Care Services should not leave the facility to attend family gatherings and/or group excursions unless the visit is essential (such as a medical appointment).
- If a resident does leave the service for an unessential reason they will be required to go into 14-day self-isolation upon return.
Resident outings (Regional services – Coffs, Green Hills, Clelland, The Glen and Borella):
- Residents can leave the facility to attend small family gatherings.
- The size of a family gathering should be in line with current Government advice and physical distancing and hygiene measures must be adhered to during the visit.
- There should be no people at the gathering who are not permitted to visit a residential care service as listed above.
- There should not be more than two people from Greater Sydney, excluding the Northern Beaches at the gathering.
- If these restrictions are not met then the resident will be required to self-isolate upon return.
Some exceptions may apply on compassionate grounds. These should be discussed with the Manager of Residential Services/Director of Nursing at the facility.
If visits can be delayed and a later festive gathering organised please consider doing this to keep your loved ones as safe as possible.
We will endeavour to keep you informed of any changes as soon as they occur.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact myself or the Manager of Residential Services/Director of Nursing concerned.
Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding during this challenging time. I wish you a Merry Christmas and I hope you are able to enjoy celebrating with your loved ones, whether that be in person or virtually.