We have received updated advice from NSW Health regarding visitor restrictions.
Until further notice Residential Care Services in Northern Area of the Northern Beaches, City of Wollongong, Cumberland City Council, or the Canterbury Ward of Canterbury Bankstown Council must exclude Visitors, except those performing essential caring functions. Effective for Ashwood (Shaw House, Ashwood House, Crawford Lodge) and McCauley Lodge Residential Care Services.
Visitors from Northern Area of the Northern Beaches, City of Wollongong, Cumberland City Council or the Canterbury Ward of Canterbury Bankstown Council are not permitted to visit Residents in residential aged care facilities including regional areas. Effective for Alexander Campbell House, Coffs Haven Residential Care Service, Greenhills Residential Care Service, The Glen Residential Care Service, Clelland Lodge and Borella House. No more than two visitors to a resident a day are permitted, so we request that visits be coordinated to comply with this limit.
People will not be permitted entry to any residential aged care service if:
- They are a resident of the Northern Area of the Northern Beaches, City of Wollongong, Cumberland City Council or the Canterbury Ward of Canterbury Bankstown Council
- They have been to any locations on the self-isolate and get tested immediately list, at the times and dates listed
- They have been in close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Live in a household with a person who is identified as a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19.
- They have a temperature of 37.5 degrees or higher or symptoms consistent with COVID-19 infection, even if mild. Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, headache, fatigue, runny nose, blocked nose congestion, sore throat, shortness of breath, and loss of taste or loss of smell. Other reported symptoms of COVID-19 include muscle pain, joint pain, diarrhoea, nausea/vomiting and loss of appetite.
- All staff and visitors must wear a surgical mask when on site.
- Visitors must undertake hand hygiene using sanitiser and/or hand washing upon entering and leaving the facility, and on entering and leaving the resident’s room (or designated visiting area).
- We encourage visitors to remain within the resident’s room or go to a designated outdoor area or alternative room where the resident and guests can keep apart from other residents.
- All visitors to Fresh Hope Care residential services are required to scan the QR Code (if available to them) before entering the facility. For details please click here.
- Fresh Hope Care require that visitors only enter through the main entrance and report to staff at the concierge/reception desk to confirm their details, and submit to a temperature check.
- Until further notice, residents from residential aged care services in Northern Area of the Northern Beaches, City of Wollongong, Cumberland City Council or the Canterbury Ward of Canterbury Bankstown Council, including Ashwood (Shaw House, Ashwood House, Crawford Lodge), and McCauley Lodge Residential Care Services should not leave the facility to attend family gatherings and/or group excursions unless the visit is essential (such as a medical appointment).
- If a resident does leave the service for an unessential reason they will be required to go into 14-day self-isolation upon return.
- Residents of facilities located outside of these areas are able to leave the facility to attend family gatherings of fewer than 5 people, if there will be no persons at the event that during the last 14 days have been:
- residents Northern Area of the Northern Beaches, City of Wollongong, Cumberland City Council or the Canterbury Ward of Canterbury Bankstown Council.
- a close contact of a person confirmed with COVID-19 and are within their self-isolation period
- in any of the locations listed on the have been to any of the latest COVID-19 locations in NSW at the times and dates listed, excluding the monitor for symptoms list
- living in a household with a person who is a close contact or otherwise currently self-isolating
We will endeavour to keep you informed of any changes as soon as they occur. Please check with the service you are planning to visit prior to you commencing travel to ensure you are aware of any local Public Health requirements in additional to those of NSW Health.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact myself or the Manager of Residential Services/Director of Nursing concerned.
Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding during this challenging time.