At Magnolia Cottage, Fresh Hope Care provides Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) funded, centre-based day respite for people with dementia or related conditions. Our experienced, qualified staff take joy in hosting flexible programs that enable individuals to spend an enjoyable and meaningful day in a safe, secure and homely environment.
While providing a high level of care and supervision, our Magnolia Cottage staff engage men and women in stimulating programs that are responsive to their needs; preserving dignity and promoting self-esteem.
Positioned just off the A1 in North Nowra, Magnolia Cottage is only minutes from the centre of Nowra township.
Who can attend?
Anyone with memory loss who is living in the community and not currently receiving an equivalent service through another program, or in residential care, is welcome at Magnolia Cottage.
Magnolia Cottage provides:
- Transport for attendees to and from the centre if required
- Morning tea and a hot lunch, with catering for special diets and preferences
- Individual and small group programs that promote social interaction, mental simulation and a sense of wellbeing
- Strength, Stretch and Balance program to promote movement and exercise
- Cultural programs
- Outings, entertainment and community involvement
- Staff qualified in Dementia and related disorders, health and leisure, and the Active Ageing fitness program
- Friendly atmosphere and lively conversation
- Information and referral to support services
- Carer support
- Personal hygiene support
Assessment and evaluation allows the program to remain responsive to individuals’ needs and wellbeing.
Acceptance into the program is subject to the service’s ability to meet the consumer’s needs, in regard to the safety of the consumer, other participants and staff.
A fee of $14.00 per session or as agreed.
Magnolia Cottage has been made possible through funding provided by the Australian Government under the Commonwealth CHSP Program.