Fresh Hope Care is following direction from NSW Government with the measures that must be put in place to help protect aged care residents from COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Public Health (COVID-19 Residential Aged Care Facilities) Order 2020 issued in the Government Gazette of the State of NSW Number 55, Tuesday 24 March 2020.
While many facilities have announced they will not accept any visitors, Fresh Hope Care recognise that support visits are important for our residents and continue to receive visitors providing the following procedure and limitations are adhered to.
The following people will not be permitted entry to a residential aged care facility:
- People who have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- People who have been in contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- People with a temperature higher than 37.5 degrees or with symptoms of an acute respiratory illness (eg cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath).
- Children aged 16 or younger, unless in special circumstances (these would need to be discussed with the Site Manager/Director of Nursing).
- People who have not been vaccinated against influenza, if the vaccination is available to the person.
To ensure compliance with these restrictions, Fresh Hope Care require that visitors only enter through the main entrance and report to staff at the concierge/reception desk to confirm their details, reason for the visit, state of their health and submit to a temperature check.
If waiting for attendance, please maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from other visitors or staff.
Subsequent to the entrance process, we ask that visitors who are provided access follow the direction of a Fresh Hope Care staff member and abide by the below restrictions.
- Visits are to be a maximum of one family member, close friend or professional service at one time.
- Only one care and support visit to a resident per day.
- Visits to general residents should be no longer than 30 minutes. For specialty units please discuss visit duration with the Site Manager/Director of Nursing.
- Visits should be conducted in resident’s room, outdoors or in designated areas only (not a communal space where the risk of transmission to residents is greater).
- Social distancing practices are encouraged where possible, such as maintaining a distance of 1.5 metres.
- Upon entry to and exit from a Fresh Hope Care Residential Care facility, visitors are to use the sanitiser provided.
Fresh Hope Care request any visitors avoid unnecessary interaction with other residents or staff and exercise standard infection prevention practices such as washing hands regularly, using sanitiser provided, covering coughs or sneezes and not attending any of the Fresh Hope Care facilities if unwell.
These are important measures to keep residents and staff safe. Anyone who does not comply with these restrictions will not be allowed to enter or may be asked to leave.
Other support and contact options
As an alternative to a visit, we encourage phone and video calls to residents. Fresh Hope Care can offer video calling devices to residents and encourage you to take advantage of this option to maintain relationships while visit restrictions are in place. To arrange this and book a time, please contact the Site Manager/Director of Nursing.
Any changes to restrictions will be posted to our website or, for specific queries, please contact the facility.
From all at Fresh Hope Care, we thank you for your understanding and cooperation.