Fresh Hope Care are continuing to monitor and adhere to Government direction to minimise the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and help keep residents safe. The latest statement by the Prime Minister has introduced new limits on any gathering to 2 persons only.
In accordance with this directive, and in addition to current visitor restrictions, any visit to a resident of a Fresh Hope Care facility must be limited to one family member, close friend or professional service.
Advice to not leave home unless necessary has been reinforced.
Other restrictions will remain in place as previously advised and again outlined below.
Persons not to enter an aged care facility include:
- Those who have returned from overseas or have been in close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Anyone with a temperature higher than 37.5 degrees or with symptoms of an acute respiratory illness
- Children aged 16 or younger, unless in special circumstances (these would need to be discussed with the Site Manager/Director of Nursing)
- Anyone without an up-to-date vaccination against influenza, if the vaccination is available to the person.
To ensure compliance with these restrictions, visitors must only enter through the main entrance of a Fresh Hope Care facility and report to staff at the concierge/reception desk to confirm their details, reason for the visit, state of their health and submit to a temperature check. Failing to agree to any of these legal requirements will prohibit Fresh Hope Care from facilitating your entry into the facility.
Fresh Hope Care has the following restrictions for visits and visitors:
- Visits are to be a maximum of one family member, close friend or professional service at one time
- Only one care and support visit to a resident per day
- Visits to general residents should be no longer than 30 minutes. For specialty units please discuss visit duration with the Site Manager/Director of Nursing
- Visits should be conducted in resident’s room, outdoors or in designated areas (not a communal space) and we encourage social distancing practices where possible, such as maintaining a distance of 1.5 metres Click here for further information about social distancing.
- Upon entry to and exit from a Fresh Hope Care Residential Care facility visitors are to use the sanitiser provided.
Visitors are to avoid unnecessary interaction with other residents or staff and exercise standard infection prevention practices such as washing hands regularly, using sanitiser provided, covering coughs or sneezes and not attending any of the Fresh Hope Care facilities if unwell.
As outlined above, all visitors must only enter through a main entrance and let staff know they are there by reporting to the concierge/reception desk before proceeding inside a Fresh Hope Care Residential Care facility. If waiting for attendance, please maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from other visitors or staff.
Thank you to those who have been following the new procedures and also taking advantage of phone and video calling. Fresh Hope Care can offer video calling devices to residents and encourage you to take advantage of this option to maintain relationships, rather than visit, wherever possible. To arrange this and book a time, please contact the Site Manager/Director of Nursing.
We encourage you to download the Australian Government’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) App which will ensure you have access to reliable, up to date information.
Should you have questions about visiting restrictions please refer to updated notices posted to our website or, for specific queries, please contact the facility.
From all at Fresh Hope Care, we wish you good health.