Fresh Hope Care has received direction from NSW Government with information about the public health order 2020 affecting aged care facilities and the measures that must be put in place to help protect residents from COVID-19.
In accordance with this directive, the measures already put in place by Fresh Hope Care remain, but with some additional requirements. Below is an update of the visit restrictions.
Persons not to enter an aged care facility include:
- Those who have returned from overseas or have been in close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Anyone with a temperature higher than 37.5 degrees or with symptoms of an acute respiratory illness.
- Children aged 16 or younger, unless in special circumstances (these would need to be discussed with the Site Manager/Director of Nursing).
- Anyone without an up-to-date vaccination against influenza, if the vaccination is available to the person.
To ensure compliance with these restrictions, visitors must only enter through the main entrance of a Fresh Hope Care facility and report to staff at the concierge/reception desk to confirm their details, reason for the visit, state of their health and submit to a temperature check.
Fresh Hope Care has the following restrictions for visits and visitors:
- Visits are to be a maximum of two family members, close friends or professional service at one time.
- Only one care and support visit to a resident per day.
- Visits to general residents should be no longer than 30 minutes. For specialty units please discuss visit duration with the Site Manager/Director of Nursing.
- Visits should be conducted in resident’s room, outdoors or in designated areas (not a communal space) and we encourage social distancing practices where possible, such as maintaining a distance of 1.5 metres. Click here for further information about social distancing.
- Upon entry to and exit from a Fresh Hope Care Residential Care facility visitors are to use the sanitiser provided.
Fresh Hope Care request any visitors avoid unnecessary interaction with other residents or staff and exercise standard infection prevention practices such as washing hands regularly, using sanitiser provided, covering coughs or sneezes and not attending any of the Fresh Hope Care facilities if unwell.
As outlined above, all visitors must only enter through a main entrance and let staff know they are there by reporting to the concierge/reception desk before proceeding inside a Fresh Hope Care Residential Care facility. If waiting for attendance, please maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from other visitors or staff.
To help maintain social contact with residents while visit limitations remain in place, we encourage phone and video calling by family and friends. Fresh Hope Care can offer video calling devices to residents. To arrange this and book a time, please contact the Site Manager/Director of Nursing.
If you require clarification about the limitations or seek further information, please contact the local Site Manager/Director of Nursing.
For a copy of the information issued by the Department of Health please click here for the fact sheet.
Fresh Hope Care will continue to post any updated information on our website.