As you may be aware, the Australian Government has issued new restrictions on visits to aged care facilities in order to help protect residents from COVID-19.
In accordance with this directive, Fresh Hope Care has raised the restrictions to visitors at each of their Residential Care facilities.
Those who have returned from overseas or been in close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days prior to their visit will not be able to visit a residential care facility. Nor will anyone with a fever or symptoms of a respiratory illness and visitors are asked to closely monitor their own health.
In addition, Fresh Hope Care will implement the following measures for restricting visits and visitors:
- Visits are to be a maximum of two family members, close friends or professional service provider at one time.
- Visits to general residents should be no longer than 30 minutes. For specialty units please discuss visit duration with the Site Manager/Director of Nursing.
- Children aged 16 or younger will not be permitted unless in special circumstances (these would need to be discussed with the Site Manager/Director of Nursing).
- Visits should be conducted in resident’s room, outdoors or in designated areas (not a communal space) and we encourage social distancing practices where possible, such as maintaining a distance of 1.5 metres. Click here for further information about social distancing.
- Upon entry to and exit from a Fresh Hope Care Residential Care facility it is even more important to follow the usual practice of signing in/out and to use the hand sanitiser provided.
Fresh Hope Care request any visitors avoid unnecessary interaction with other residents or staff and exercise standard infection prevention practices such as washing hands regularly, using sanitiser provided, covering coughs or sneezes and not attending any of the Fresh Hope Care facilities if unwell.
Fresh Hope Care will continue to deliver quality care to our residents and has provided information about the new restrictions. Resident lifestyle activities will continue, but there may be some changes and a reduction in group activities in order to comply with the social distancing guidelines.
To help maintain social contact with residents while visit limitations remain in place, we encourage phone and video calling by family and friends. The Site Manager/Director of Nursing may be able to assist with arranging a video call.
If you require clarification about the limitations or seek further information, please contact the local Site Manager/Director of Nursing.
For a copy of the information issued by the Department of Health please click here for the fact sheet.
Fresh Hope Care will continue to follow the advice provided by the Department of Health and post any updated information on our website.
In these unprecedented times, we appreciate the support and cooperation displayed by all staff, residents, families and associates.