We have been notified by NSW Health that all Residential Care Services in Greater Sydney (including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour) must exclude visitors until further notice. This includes Ashwood Residential Care Service, Alexander Campbell House and McCauley Lodge.
Residents should only leave the Residential Care Service for essential reasons (e.g. medical appointments).
Staff are exempt from these restrictions providing they wear a surgical mask while onsite and:
- have not been to any close or casual contact locations in NSW in the last 14 days, excluding the monitor for symptoms list
- have not been to any of the current locations of interest in New Zealand
- have not been to any close or casual contact locations in Queensland in the last 14 days
- have not been in Greater Melbourne or Victorian places of high concern in the last 14 days
- have no COVID-19 symptoms – fever (37. 5°C or higher) or symptoms of COVID-19
- are not a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19 and are within their self-isolation period
- do not live in a household with a person who is currently self-isolating
- are not waiting for a COVID-19 test result
Visitors performing essential caring functions may be allowed to visit, providing they wear a surgical mask while onsite and have met all other screening requirements. Please contact the site Manager to discuss.
Support and contact options:
Fresh Hope Care has arrangements in place to support families to stay in touch with your loved ones, especially when you are unable to see them in person. We can offer video calling devices to residents and encourage you to take advantage of this option to maintain relationships while visit restrictions are in place.
We endeavour to keep information up to date on the Fresh Hope Care Website, for further details about restrictions, please take a look at the COVID-19 news page on the Fresh Hope Care Website. However, as situations can change rapidly, we suggest checking for updates on the NSW Health website.
Should you have any questions about visitor access, please contact the facility directly or call our Customer Enquiries Team on 1800 005 484.
Thank you for everything you’re doing to help us in protecting the health and wellbeing of everyone in the Fresh Hope Care family at this challenging time.