Visitors from Victoria will not be able to enter an Aged Care Facility in NSW. Those who have returned from overseas, been on a cruise ship, or been in close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days prior to their visit will not be able to visit a residential care facility in NSW. Nor will anyone with a temperature higher than 37.5 degrees or with symptoms of an acute respiratory illness (eg cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath) and visitors are asked to closely monitor their own health.
Due to new COVID-19 cases reported in the Albury region, Fresh Hope Care has implemented measures at Borella House for restricting visits and visitors:
- Visits are to be a maximum of two family members or close friends each day
- Visits in general should be no longer than 30 minutes. For specialty units please discuss visit duration with the Site Manager/Director of Nursing
- Children aged 16 or younger will not be permitted unless they are providing end-of-life support and this would need to be discussed with the Site Manager / Director of Nursing before hand
- Anyone without an up-to-date vaccination against influenza, if the vaccination is available to the person, will not be permitted to enter the facility
- Visits should be conducted in resident’s room, outdoors or in designated areas (not a communal space) and we encourage social distancing practices including maintaining a distance of 1.5 metres from residents and staff
- Upon entry and exit from Borella House it is even more important to follow the usual practice of signing in/out and to use the hand sanitiser provided
- Fresh Hope Care request any visitors avoid unnecessary interaction with other residents or staff and exercise standard infection prevention practices such as washing hands regularly, using sanitiser provided, covering coughs or sneezes and not attending any of the Fresh Hope Care facilities if unwell
Entry to Borella House will be limited to the Main door and this door will be locked at all times. Signage will be displayed to advise you on how to contact staff for entry.
Please note: We will be testing the temperature of all Visitors and Staff that come into the facility. If any visitors or staff have a temperature higher than 37.5 degrees or symptoms of an acute respiratory illness, they will not be allowed to enter the Residential Care Facility.
Fresh Hope Care will continue to deliver quality care to our residents and have provided information about the new restrictions. Resident lifestyle activities will continue, but there will be some changes and a reduction in group activities in order to comply with the social distancing guidelines.
To help maintain social contact with residents while visit limitations remain in place, we encourage phone and video calling by family and friends. The Site Manager/Director of Nursing will be able to assist with arranging a call, if needed.
If you require clarification about the limitations or seek further information, please contact the Site Manager/Director of Nursing. Fresh Hope Care will continue to follow the advice provided by the appropriate authorities and post any updated information on our website.
In these unprecedented times, we appreciate the support and cooperation displayed by all residents, families, staff and others to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our residents.